Here is a reprint of some key topics related to Inter-County games scheduling, specifically Schedule Integrity, Inclement Weather, and Emergency Reschedule Policies.
Inter-County Soccer League Rules and Regulations: Section 5 – Scheduling
A. Official schedules will be distributed to all teams before the opening date of competition in each age division. “There is no grace period” – games will be played at the times and sites designated in these schedules.
B. Only the Games Commissioner has the authority to make changes in the schedule.
C. Changes are not to be requested if a team can field a legal team of the required minimum of seven (7) players.
D. Changes for the convenience of a coach or manager will not be considered by the Games Commissioner.
E. Prior to the scheduled game time, only the Games Commissioner has the authority to cancel games because of inclement weather.
a. Inclement Weather Policy Statement
– “Games will be called by the Club Coordinator on a site by site basis”. Coordinators will advise the Games Commissioner via E-Mail by 6:00 AM on the day of the game. After 6:00 AM, the decision to cancel a game will be made by the Referee at the game site. Games Commissioner, Walt Wahl - E-Mail: email@example.com
F. When the weather is bad and games are not postponed by the Games Commissioner, all teams are required to arrive at the field for a determination by the referee as to the playability of the game.
G. In the event of a conflict in the schedule due to Fall cup competition, Spring cup competition or games involving secondary teams, the games will be rescheduled by the Games Commissioner.
H. In the event of a conflict with high school soccer playoffs and the team cannot field 11 players (excluding red cards, sanctions, yellow cards, injuries, etc.); the Games Commissioner will reschedule the affected games.
I. All make-up games due to inclement weather shall be rescheduled by the Games Commissioner.
J. No secondary team will be accepted for league competition if that team is registered in another league for a concurrent season and will scheduled to compete primarily on the same game day as that used by ICSL for this team’s age bracket and/or division.
K. If a match is played for one half or more of the match and then terminated due to weather, playing conditions, or darkness by the game official, the game will not be replayed. The score at the time of termination will constitute the results of the game.
L. Emergency Reschedule Policy as follows:
1. One request per season per team.
2. Cost $50, paid by the team making the request.
3. Agree upon by both teams and both coordinators. This will include the new recommended date, time, and location.
4. 10 day notice to games commissioner in writing.
5. Therecommended date, time and location that are agreed upon by both teams will be submitted to the Games Commissioner at the time of request.
6. The Games Commissioner will approve the date within a 10 days period. The date will be approved based on the availability of fields, referee’s, club and ICSL schedules.
7. The Club Coordinator will conduct the process. He will have the parties involved [Club Coordinators only] send E-Mail confirmation of the agreed upon date, time, and location to the Games Commissioner.
8. This option will be in addition to the request that can be made in the July submission of team/club paperwork.
9. To apply to Youth and Junior league games only.